Improving your Recruiting and Hiring Process
9 in 10 job seekers search for jobs through their mobile devices, and 78% say they’d apply to jobs via mobile devices if the process were that simple…
To get started simplifying your hiring and recruitment chores, use technology to target the right people.
- Create a recruitment strategy that starts with understanding project needs and company goals. Identify the critical roles needed, and create a profile for candidates who will succeed in the open positions.
- Target the audience with job ads. You may want to use an applicant tracking system (ATS).
- Take technology a step further by allowing top talent to apply for a job via mobile devices. Nine in 10 job seekers search for jobs through their mobile devices, and 78 percent say they’d apply to jobs via mobile devices if the process were that simple.
- Use technology to market open positions to potential candidates and create a positive impression of your organization.
- Take the simplified experience of hiring via technology to recruitment managers throughout the interviewing and background-checking process. Use an ATS to create interview, communication and feedback templates.
- Have hiring managers coordinate interview schedules and receive real-time feedback about candidate progress using the ATS. This speeds up the time to hire, creates efficiencies and centralizes communication.
Automate your recruiting process
- Prescreen candidates — Minimize the time associated with phone screens by administering prerecorded video interviews. Select questions you want answered, distribute them to candidates to complete on their own time and set aside a block of time to review all the videos at once.
- Simplify scheduling — Remove yourself from scheduling by allowing candidates to schedule and reschedule appointments without interrupting your team. Interview scheduling software provides candidates with available time slots and lets them schedule their preferred time.
- Recruit on the go — Mobile recruitment apps capture candidate data/resumes, access real-time candidate information and oversee interviewing scheduling online or offline.
- Build branded talent pipelines — Speed up the interview process by building talent communities so you have a consistent pipeline of engaged candidates. This cuts down on candidate discovery and upfront vetting. Use videos to showcase your firm’s culture and offer company updates and skill-specific content that might pique their interest.
- Implement an evaluation process — Set up talent workflows that include online and mobile evaluations to reduce the amount of time required to collect interviewer feedback.
There are myriad ways to improve and simplify your hiring and recruitment process. Making the right selection the first time is critical to an organizations’ hiring efficiency.
Copyright © 2019